Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Today Sucks....

I woke up this morning, not really sure if I actually slept at all, and I went to get my miserable congested baby. She looked up at me and smiled and even though I had a rather rough night I could not help it I just smiled right back at her. I picked her up and she gave me the biggest hug ever. That is what makes getting up worth it. As my morning continued she became really hard to take care of while I was getting ready for work. I barely got a shower in... Then I remembered that today was a day that I was supposed to look really nice for work because some important people were going to be there. Oh dear....... I headed to my closet with my crying baby on my hip and a few tears came to my eyes too. The dreaded "what to wear" dilemma officially hit me like a ton of bricks. I pulled out what I had and closed my eyes and put it on. I decided not to look in the mirror (It just felt better that way) and I continued with doing my hair and feeding the munchkin.

Right before I left the house I decided to do it... The dreaded task... I looked in the mirror. I almost cried again but Addy looked up at me and smiled so here I go. On my way to work with the approval of my 7 1/2 month old. I got in the car and drove down to Megan's house. As she came out of her door I looked yet again down and my, uh we will call it an outfit, and sighed. As soon as she got in the car I asked her, "Megan, do I look like a Cowgirl???? Emphasis on on COW?" She just laughed at me. She said that I looked fine and that she liked my shirt. (She did not have a chance to look at my pants yet that is saved for when we get out of the car) We drove over to pick up Chris and as my big brother he just had to get in and right away look at my shirt. Although he did say that it looked really nice. I stared down yet again and sighed. When we got to work I stepped out of the car and did not want to walk around to the side where Chris and Megan were. I saw my reflection in my car and thought to myself... Well damn this is what I look like when I try. I am a loser. The walk to my office all I could do is try to hurry so that people would not see my pants. I just could not take it I got to the door and yet again looked at my reflection and saw head to toe. With my stripy button up shirt and my high water dress pants I opened the door. I was met only with complements. I tried to accept them with a smile on my face but I am pretty sure that I was not fooling anyone. I walked into my office and sat down. I pretty much did not want to move the rest of the day. Cemented to my seat I decided that I should maybe think about buying some new clothes. I really need it. So here goes I will start collecting some nice new clothes so that I do not feel like a frumpy cowgirl who has to get socks that go up to my knees to wear my only pair of dress pants that fit.

Wish me luck!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jess, like I have told you before, you do not look like a cow girl at all!!! You are funny! At least your pants don't have to be helped up with a safety pin and sharpied when you get to work.

    ReplyDelete